The Newfield Public Library will provide a comprehensive collection of materials and services to meet the informational and recreational needs of a growing, changing community.
The library has been serving the community since 1894. It received its permanent charter from the state in 1900. It is currently housed in the former Grange building, which was donated to the library in 1970. The previous library building was destroyed in the 1969 fire. The library underwent a major expansion and renovation in the 1990s. The library has since grown in the number of patrons served, services offered, and hours open.
Sue Chaffee, Library Director
Heidi Eckerson, Librarian
Helen Chaffee, Library Assistant
Vicki Cody, Library Assistant
Jonathan Long, Library Assistant
Makenzie Douglas, Library Assistant
Dean Esposito, Library Assistant
Board of Trustees
Chrissy Emery, President
Glenn Caslick, Vice President
Theresa Albert, Treasurer
Sara Adams, Secretary