The Library building will be closed to the public until further notice. We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding while we do our part to help slow the spread of Coronavirus. We will evaluate the situation daily and reopen as soon as possible.
Although we are closed, we are committed to providing the following services to the Newfield community:
- Free digital materials including eBooks, eAudiobooks, and eMagazines can be borrowed by patrons through our website and mobile apps. Look for the Libby, OverDrive, or RBDigital apps on your device app store.
- Access educational and informative databases by selecting “Books, Movies, and More” from the menu then “Online Databases”. Library staff is available 24/7 by leaving a message at 607-564-3594. You will receive a response as quickly as possible, definitely within 48 hours. You can also contact Sue Chaffee directly at 607-280-4086 if necessary.
- Our library is fine-free so there is no need to return overdue items if you are unwell. In addition, most checked out items will have a due date of May 1 or later. Items can be returned to our drop box and the covers will be disinfected for the next patron.
- If you need something printed, email it to us and we will call you when it is ready for pickup.
- Our free WiFi is accessible outside of the library building. Connect to the LibraryPublic network for up to 30 minutes. Please be respectful of others including our neighbors.
- We appreciate book donations but will not be accepting them while we are closed.