Our library building may be closed but we’re still “open” with lots of online resources and virtual programming. And we’re always happy to connect you with the information you need. Have a question? Ask us. We’ll find the answers. We’re a library, it’s one of the many things we do!
- Check out free digital materials including eBooks, eAudiobooks, and eMagazines. Look for the Libby, OverDrive, or RBDigital apps on your device app store.
- Access educational and informative databases by selecting “Books, Movies, and More” from the menu then “Online Databases”.
- The library staff is working from home. Leave a message at 607-564-3594 and you will receive a response as quickly as possible, usually within 24-48 hours. You can also contact Sue Chaffee directly at 607-280-4086 if necessary.
- Our library is fine-free so there is no need to return overdue items if you are unwell. In addition, most checked out items will have a due date of July 6, 2020. Items can be returned to our drop box and the covers will be disinfected for the next patron.
- If you need something printed, email it to us and we will call you when it is ready for pickup.
- Our free WiFi is accessible outside of the library building. Connect to the LibraryPublic network for up to 30 minutes. Please be respectful of others including our neighbors.
- We appreciate book donations but will not be accepting them while we are closed.